quarta-feira, 15 de julho de 2009

my co-pilot



You’re only as good as the person standing next to you.

This is a great truth, and never before had I experienced it as I did on this trip.
Fred’s a great guy, but life wouldn’t normally connect us, fate did.
We took a post grad degree together, and from a professional liason we became friends with a craving for motors and cars.
Oh, and airplanes!
And, when things went wrong in my dream journey I didn’t back down or decided not to go.
No.
I immediately called Fred and asked him to join me.
Which he did.
And it was the BEST thing that could have happened.
I mean, having someone next to you, talking to you, cheering you, and even waking you up when you just want to sleep out your tiredness.
It was amazing, I don’t think I’ll ever thank him enough.
And, obviously, my performance at the ‘Ring was not humiliating because of him.
“full speed, right turn after the straight, watch that apex…”
A knowledgeable and dependable person.
I was really lucky with my decision and he was the most amazing and stocked guy that I could have as a partner in this long trip.

And yes, Maria, trust me, he was a saint!! -> I did try to take him off the track once in a while but he stoically resisted. Guess French women aren’t that cute after all :P

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário